Monday, July 20, 2009

Aroma of Life The aroma of life beckons delight to savor forever, Colored sea of flowered hills thrills the view gently, Trees give shade to journey through dense glee, Clearings mirror thoughts held on memories river. Traveled roads lead to crucial treasures unknown, Strolling the beaches rowdy waves are hope sown, Endless prairie disguises fear in the waving grass, Serrated mountains urge expectancy through morass. Lush crops fuel ambition to reap recompense of being, Enigmatic cattle ranches feed desires of many to self, Refreshing rain cleanses emotions for heart’s shelf, Radiating sunshine envelopes life’s yearning for seeing. Robert Dodson July 20, 2009

6 comments:

Cortnee Ingram said...

So beautiful - I just love the way you write!

Thanks for sharing!
Cortnee :)
aka @Cortnee4Christ

Gayle McCain said...

There is power and strength in your writing. I imagine myself soaring over Texas hills, bluebonnets, the beaches of the gulf, and cattle country.

Very nice Robert.

Gayle
@crystalbutterfl

Colonel Dodson said...

Thank you Cortnee. I really appreciate the kind words. It is my pleasure to share.

Colonel Dodson said...

Thanks Gayle. Your thoughtful, kind words are a blessing to me. Makes my writing seem worthy. I'm grateful that you enjoyed the poem.

saved by grace said...

absolutely breathtaking imagery Robert... i love it!!!

Colonel Dodson said...

Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate you.