Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Dream

Waking to the distant drum of rain,
I begin a journey fraught with imagined terror.
Clouds low to the brim of reason I see my self
Facing unknown horror, I continue cautious.
Revealed in dreamy state, my vision clouded
Earthly being is around the corner of victory
Startled, events are gloomily similar to life
Without love’s bounty filling the thimble of my chest
I stand watch over dark and crowded vistas of endeavor.
Yet, I touch and fault lies without and within the realm
Of mighty dragon upon the stony surface of my soul
I gaze but cannot see the hope that lies near my breast.
I arise to realize I slept, but did not rest.

Robert Dodson
May 16, 2009

1 comment:

Liliane Rausch said...

I love this poem. I think we are all torn between terror, fear and dreams and hope. Unfortunately not only when we sleep we all need to find our balance. A delicate one, that is.