Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Journey Through Time

Like a babbling brook my tears flow over the boulders of my cheeks,
Angels carried the day to tug my heart from the pain of the future,
Life lived its course like the stitches of my jeans left, then right sleek,
Cold hands held the warmest heart of my adventure I’ll always cheer.

Stark is the road before me, a road best traveled bravely?
Passion comes to me once then lost for the moment of now,
I’ll carry a burden less lightly now for she gazes through me,
Many will be times turned backward but there is an edgy how.

I have not taken this road, yet it was destined long ago to be,
Images of the heart flow the core of my being, no longer alone,
I fill my bag with pieces of you all around yet no one can see,
That once was two has now become a journey through time as one.

Robert Dodson
January 6, 2010

8 comments:

Hetty said...

Dodson--- your words in such short time inspire me! God has given you strength-more and more every day- to pick up the gifts you still have from Him-- and use them-- all for His glory-- and the love you will always have for Faye. I am honored to have talked that evening so long--to hear what may be in your next poem-- as for you are one who goes by feelings and life-- not by any words.. and what is due. You are insightful- thru Jesus-- thru Love-- and that is a gift--- and Faye is dancing right now--as you read it to her-- as I do!! I am blessed to be your friend!
In His Love,
Hetty @AliveinMe

Colonel Dodson said...

Thank you, Hetty. The tears come so easily yet. Mostly they are tears of joy. I need to correct some punctuation on the poem. I didn't proof read it before I posted it. I had to get that first one out of the way. The others will come easier now with God's help.

Colonel Dodson said...

ooooppps, I just needed to clean my screen. :)

Marie said...

Hi ya Cowboy! always the perfectionist...talkin about punctuation - mercy.

The poem is beautiful, straight from the heart - through healing tears. So glad your heart sings loudly!

Thanks for sharing this with me!

You are in my prayers!

@spreadingJOY

Colonel Dodson said...

Thank you. It means a bunch to hear such glowing words from you. I just thought I had to correct puncuation. It just the remains of a bug that crashed into my screen. Cleaned my screen and presto the error disappeared. :)

Anonymous said...

Very inspiring :-D

Neuro Aster (a.k.a. Jon Pear) said...

This is THE best thing I've read all week! I metalove the vivid imagery of "tears flowing" "[l]ike a babbling brook" "over the boulders of my cheeks" the "stitches" of "jeans", "[c]old hands" . . . this really captures what it's like to have loved and lost (((((HUGS)))))

saved by grace said...

Hey Robert... your words as always are as eloquent and beautiful as ever words come. I loved the imagery in this one... it is the sort of images which really penetrate my heart to the deepest part of the core. I sense this poem is not however a product of your imagination but came by an event very real in your life. The words are the outpouring of your heart, aren't they? I pray your healing will come swiftly and God's comfort will surround you now. I admire you for being strong enough to share your heart and soul with others... and am honored to be among them. Much love my sweet friend... Michele