Monday, June 01, 2009

A poem for Alana Morgan

Napping

Alone within a vision of gathered thought,
Letters idled formed words I loosely sought.
Alert to grainy images of future topic I sat,
Nurtured upon veils of soldered muse hat.

Austere auspice formed upon cracked lips,
Joy leapt sinking down a rising low sound,
Moistened again glad vibrations seeped clips
Over trials of disparate need unfound and bound.

Rituals began among the tracks in the eye’s mind,
Gaining footholds of chancy utterance laid waste,
Allowing victory to grovel toward its slow haste
Nodding head on chest was the glorious find.

Robert Dodson
June 1, 2009

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Robert, thank you for such a beautiful poem. I have read it over and over again. You are such a gifted writer. I am proud to call you my friend. You are sweet, caring, kind, and helpful. I am glad that I found you on Twitter. Wishing you a beautiful day.

Alana

Vicki said...

Awesome Robert! You have such a way with words, consider that a blessing :-)

Colonel Dodson said...

Alana, Thanks for your thoughts. I'm grateful. Keep up that praise and I'll get 10 foot tall and blush. I'm proud and delighted to have you as a friend.I'm glad we found each other, as well. Here's hoping your days are endlessly cheerful, rewarding and blessed.

Robert

Colonel Dodson said...

Vicki,

Glad you liked the poem. I do consider the ability to write a blessing. I just combine words in different than normal ways. ;~)