Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Paths of Memory

Travel the paths of memory to awe filled wonder,
Staring at distant twinkling stars, beauty floats by,
With sultry blue eyes a vision encompasses my sky,
Plastered to my soul her being breathes flounder.

Touched gently on silky cheek, she soothes my core,
Entwined rapture gazes majestic snow topped peaks,
Resting, relaxing eases the beaded droplets to the floor,
Love strikes its purpose upon us like whipping streaks.

Satisfaction carries itself toward a new shining goal,
Raw emotion begins a battle of newly found hope,
The tryst begins again but mounting passion lopes,
And the eagles fly away toward glistening shoal.

Robert Dodson
December 2, 2009

3 comments:

Luna said...

Lovely imagery Major :)
I can see into the sky
and it truely makes me want to fly
to my dreams faster.
thanks for sharing :)

Marie said...

"Travel the paths of memory to awe filled wonder" -

I love this poem of yours, full of beauty and hope! Its wonderful that no matter where we go, where we end up, that the paths of our memories are amazing!

Thank you for sharing!
@spreadingJOY

Colonel Dodson said...

Thank you. I do my best. I try to share my life in my work with a touch of imagination, sprinkled with faith and hope.