Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Tropical Goddess

Looking into hazel eyes, love struck invitingly warm,
Yearning to touch auburn locks tangle my fantasy,
Nurtured tropics lead the pounding pulse can to me,
Needful embrace remains starving for the storm.

Etched into the memory of hope, gentle mood dances,
Trust leaps down to quiet babbling flesh gently strong,
Taken hostage by beauty, feelings erupt the throng
Elegant shoulder supports the caring freedom lances.

Goodness creeps through the idyllic tropical scene,
Intense lies the passion of solitary thought lean
Goddess of tropics walks the white sand beach free
Island paradise befriends a raging wind of the sea.

Robert Dodson
August 26, 2009

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I decided to highlight the poetry style of the week in the Poets and Writers Workshop (in the forum) to be Cinquain. Your poetry style is almost like this; the way you use nouns and adjectives in a thoughtful way to convey the central theme of the poem. There are links from line to line and each stanza is connected so eloquently. You are an awesome writer, Robert. Keep writing and keep doing your thang POET!!!

Gayle McCain said...

It is nice to see you writing again. Your words paint clear pictures and call forth emotions that sometimes I'd rather weren't called forth. : P

Gayle McCain
@Crystalbutterfl

Colonel Dodson said...

Thank you for the kind words, Bev. It really makes me feel good. I've used some unique rhyming schemes. One is rhyming the first word of each line and then rhyming that with the last. I sometimes have confused myself. I'll just keep writing and let the experts figure out my style. :)

Colonel Dodson said...

It feels good to be writing again. Don't know if I can get back to every day, but I'll work on it. Thanks for your kind thoughts. I'm not sure if that's good or not. But I feel sometimes the same words hit others with a rock and some with a pillow. I take it you have experienced a part of my poem before and that is the good part. Now I'm rambling like a tumbleweed.

Neuro Aster (a.k.a. Jon Pear) said...

Compellingly vivid and striking. This really speaks to me about seduction and desire. I really like the irony in the phrase "gently strong."

Colonel Dodson said...

Thank you for the kind words, Jon. I do my best to write from my heart. Enjoy, I have more to come. :)