Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Clearing

Shaded stand of trees silently watch sunlit clearing,
Dark and moody clouds drift quickly overhead,
Sudden downpour refreshes the stark beauty fed,
Sparkling rainbow signals a soulful cheering.

Peaceful ambitions of storied youth appear,
The clearing points a path to mountain stream,
Behind the tumbling water lies hidden trail,
Seldom used path opens a mystic valley veiled.

Virgin wilderness explodes upon the senses,
Overwhelming beauty touches the sky
Daydreams overflow its sultry cry,
Realization slaps low lying fog dense.

Robert Dodson
June 13, 2009

2 comments:

Hetty said...

God bless your soul for opening your awesome heart! All seasons-all times-all light, whether it is sunny or rainy-is watched and moved by God with His amazing hand! And He controls it all-and how we view our life in all times-this I SURE KNOW! Found Him in dark-but in that thunderstorm/hurricane-He made more than sun bright-like me resting by His ocean...ONE AMAZING GOD!! God bless you-keep using the talent He blessed you with...in ALL TIMES! I LOVE POETRY!

Colonel Dodson said...

Thank you for those kind words. I will always do my best. I try to say a little prayer before I write that say, God give me the words I need for those who need to read them. It seems to work.